Sunday, July 6, 2008

hi, my name is kris and i am learning to cook

i believe introductions are in order, so let me start. my name is kris and i am a 35 year old new mother. i was born and raised in lovely tulsa, oklahoma, making me the lone city girl in the group. for that reason the topics i will normally tackle might be old hat to individuals raised in areas with fresh food readily available. recently my daughter started on solid foods and so i have begun on the journey to homemade baby food and finger foods. i also cloth diaper her and clothe her in hand-me-downs. this is more for economy than for any principles. the food making, however, is a principled belief and can cost more on occasion to make than to purchase. if it is so easy to make why would a parent want the food that goes into their children's mouths to be processed and full of chemicals ? that is what i am discovering currently. with just a blender, stove and a little prep i can make almost anything i can buy in the little jars. so far she loves it. to see pictures visit my personal blog. and we did start off with purchased food so i am not trying to judge those with not enough time to make homemade. i am certain i was raised on processed foods most of my life. i just want better for my children than i had myself. please feel free to email me with questions or ideas. i am very receptive: kathlyn.adair at gmail dot com.

No comments: