Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's May!

This weekend promises to be busy. Despite the rain last week we traveled to Kansas City to visit the Brookside market. It was full of plants and good things to purchase. I found less diversity than Lawrence but still a nice market. Also, on the way home I noticed 3-4 thrift stores that will take us back that direction again this weekend. The plan is to hit up the Lawrence Market, thrift shops, and then the Brookside Market. All of this with two children and only a few hours. Will they succeed? I keep meaning to take some lovely pictures to share and keep forgetting. I have a friend coming along this week who is a great photographer so maybe she can get some shots for me.
An email from the Lawrence Farmers Market informed me that the weekday markets will open this coming week. We plan to at least attend the Thursday one on the west side. It is only fitting that we represent our side of town.

No comments: